To prepare ahead of time, you can buy your French Toast baguette a day or two before you leave for your camping trip and leave it to dry on your counter. The night before you leave, cut it up and toss the rounds in a Ziploc bag or reusable container. The egg mixture can be prepared at home and stored in a mason jar or any other container that has a good seal on it. The more you can prepare at home, the more time you can spend having fun at the campground!
Ingredients: (enough for 3 kids and 2 adults)
- 2 baguettes
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup of milk
- splash of vanilla (about 1 tsp. if desired)
- cinnamon (if desired)
- maple syrup
- Cut your baguette into approx. 1/4″ thick rounds and set aside.
- In a bowl or a Ziploc bag, combine the eggs, milk and vanilla. Blend well.
- Quickly dip your baguette rounds into the egg mixture and place or a hot, buttered griddle.
- Cook till golden on both sides or the baguette rounds.
- Serve with maple syrup and if desired, a sprinkle of cinnamon. Add cut up fruit for some extra goodness!